Hemel at home on Saturday.

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by SHEPPERTON SUPPORTER, Jan 5, 2018.

1. With Sam’s loan finished, to date no news of any replacement, it looks like Luke will be in goal. He acquitted himself well on Boxing Day, however, we all know that Sam is a hard act to follow.
    Dowse in his last interview did say that Ben had stitches in his leg, so he may be doubtful. No doubt there are a few injuries which could effect selection, otherwise the team will be the same as last Monday.
    Any other thoughts?

2. tony

tony Member

HH unbeaten in the league for 11 games so this could be a tight game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Agree, we may not be at full strength and it will be a tough game. They have some good players an experienced management team.

4. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

In Dowse we trust. Another Home win. Havant and Dartford away could be tough. Then its Truro home last league game of the season and collect the Trophy. Whoops maybe to many Sam Miguel's i think in the Beach bar.

5. BHH

BHH Member

Just got a keeper on loan from Oxford (the new Barnet) assume he'll start tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. tony

tony Member

Oh no! Dowse has just won manager of the month. Could they not wait until Monday?

7. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

He’s not worried...

8. Glad he takes that view on the award. Think it has become a self fulfilling prophecy.

9. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

HAMPTON & RICHMOND BOROUGH: Agboola Kamara Casey Cook Wassmer Jolley McAuley Baptiste Kiernan Kretzschmar Charles

HAMPTON & RICHMOND BOROUGH SUBS: Solomon Sheldrick Crawford Roberts Amaluzor

10. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

0.0 Full Time just seen it on the telly in Spain.

11. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

Hampton much the better side. Charles looked assured again, too much to expect a repeat of last week though. At lot of Hemel time wasting and negative play, but they got what they came for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. tony

tony Member

Tight game between two well organised sides. Few chances in the first half which Hemel shaded on territory. Second half we looked more likely and hit the woodwork twice through Charles and Kretzschmar but frustratingly could not find the net. New keeper looked a bit nervy and his kicking was poor but his defence gave few opportunities to test him fully.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Hampton mad likes this.
  13. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Thanks for the reports. Dodgy keeper that can't kick we could do without that for the rest of the season.

14. At least Dowse managed to avoid the Manager of the Month curse!
    This was always going to be a tight game, both sides near the top and in the playoff places. Hemel were perhaps the more pleased with the draw, they wasted time when possible and the referee added 9 minutes overall.
    We hit the woodwork twice and Elliott was unlucky to see his shot hit the inside of the post. We did most of the attacking especially in the second half but chances were few.
    Hemel had the odd break away, often when our attack broke down in their half caused either by a poor pass or being crowded out. In general our defence was able to cope.
    Agboola had little time to get acquainted with his defence as he probably had not mastered their names! He had little to do, perhaps the odd heart stopping moment for us supporters, need to see how he performs when under more pressure. Sam was always going to be a hard act to follow.

Hampton mad likes this.
  15. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

HM give the lad a chance to settle in and prove himself

MK

16. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

SS were you at the game? Did you note how many times both teams physio ran on the pitch to tend the injured. Their number four was tackled and lay on the pitch almost a minute banging his fist on the grass in apparent unadulterated agony. The referee rightly waved play on that playerwas soon on his feet again and running around like a spring lamb

MK

17. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

You dont take chances when you want to win the League and win promotion. This is big business if we get promoted. Tv money etc. You only take chances on players in Micky Mouse football.

18. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

This gentleman kept a clean sheet so as you were not there what is your grouse about. If you are really passionate the beavers get on the next flight back to blighty!!!

MK

19. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

We went by boat and The Club car. From what i read Tony. Shep. or me could have played in goal for us today and kept a clean sheet.