Next two away games.

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by SHEPPERTON SUPPORTER, Sep 7, 2017.

1. tony

tony Member

We have signed Cambridge Utd centre back Harry Darling on a month's loan to cover for Charlie Wassmer's suspension. He is only 18 but has already appeared for the U's twice this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Highly rated by Cambridge, just signed a four contract with them. With us till 7/10. Not sure if he can play in FA cup game.
    Obviously lacks experience and with Cook will form a very young central defense pairing. Will soon find out how well they play together.
    Wonder if there may be some more new players?

3. Josh

Josh Member

They were both cup games to be fair.

4. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

So, at a very quick guess, we've now used around 23 different players this season so far. Not the hallmark of a settled side or indeed a good pre season recruitment.

Josh likes this.
  5. The previous two seasons we have had a failrly settled side, however several players have left us and Dowse felt that certain players were not upto the required standard, hence the changes pre season.
    Until you get the player in and see how he settles, it is not always possible to see how well he fits into the squad and sometime the personality does not always gell. I don't know if this was the case this season, but it could be a factor. A couple of players had been very good at Isthmian Premier level but as has been mentioned previously, the step up is huge and it takes time to adjust and also fit into a new system.
    Without naming names, a look into certain players recent history, there was for me, a slight doubt if they were going to be a major addition to the squad, there is always a risk factor at this level with signings.
    Dowse is still looking to recruit, I feel this is a season of change and the final outcome will depend on his recruitment success in the next few weeks.

6. Josh

Josh Member

The games he has started for Cambridge were a 4-1 away defeat to Bristol Rovers in the EFL Cup and a 1-1 draw (5-4 penalty loss) to Northampton in the EFL Trophy.

7. Kiernan on bench, no Bishop, so no keeper cover.

8. Josh

Josh Member

1-0 up Kretzschmar from the spot.

TW3Beaver likes this.
  9. Josh

Josh Member

2-0 Napa

TW3Beaver likes this.
  10. Josh

Josh Member

2-1, 25 to play

11. Josh

Josh Member

2-2 5 left. :(

12. BHH

BHH Member

When do we get to play Whitehawk? It looks like fun!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

13. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Thanks Josh. 2-0 up now 2-2 Lets hope we can hang on for a point. Still in Spain.

14. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Finished 2-2 . I hear.

15. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

21st October away.
    10th February home.

16. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Very frustrating indeed. Played well in the first half and some of the second and in fact at 2-0 up we were so dominant that most of us thought we'd get more. Hudson-Odei was excellent, as was Napa, and when they were subbed we suddenly looked devoid of guile, despite Kiernan coming on. Culley should have been on for the fading Moss (who had worked hard all afternoon) but why Kamara was brought on in midfield is beyond me.

17. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

Truro beat Whithawk 7-2 .

18. A lot could have changed to both sides before we play each other. Take one match at a time. Very few easy games in this league.