Coronavirus...

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Lord Elpus, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

With the news that all "elite football games" are to be suspended until April 3rd, I wonder if this means non-league crowds might significantly go up for that period? Would it have much effect on us?
    I believe the FA are meeting today to discuss all this.
    Liverpool must be tearing their hair out...

2. Stef

Stef Member

According to the BBC the National League are holding a board meeting today.

With some clubs in the National League getting bigger attendances than league clubs and with supporters now looking for games to watch you could simply force bigger crowds in to smaller venues which would go against what the FA, EFL and Premier League are trying to achieve I guess.

3. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Exactly...the trickle down effect could be quite a problem.

4. TW2-Beaver

TW2-Beaver Member

I think a lot of Premier League fans don't know there's a division below League Two.

5. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

A lot don't know there is anything below the Premier League.

6. SteveM

SteveM Member

That’s highly unlikely considering a lot of their clubs would have played non-Premier League teams in the FA Cup — anyone with a passing interest in football would be aware of the lower leagues

7. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

But its the same convo you have a lot of times at work. Too many think non-league = park football.

8. tony

tony Member

Big issue for all clubs if the league is suspended is how they will survive financially. With no gate income, players and staff still need to be paid unless there are prepared to come to some alternative arrangement. Clubs with a lot of contract players may suffer the most. How far could the league be extended to complete the season when most contracts end at the end of April and clubs will not have budgeted to pay beyond that date? And what happens to promotion and relegation if the season is not completed? Some major headaches for all leagues and club boards.

9. SteveM

SteveM Member

Woking’s home game off so our match is now the highest-tiered match still on for miles around — Sutton and Maidenhead the closest higher-placed teams to still be hosting games today

10. RogerSW

RogerSW Member

11. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Sutton is one 213 bus hop from Kingston and a ten minute brisk walk

MK