First departure...

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Lord Elpus, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

And it's Orsei-Dadomo, to a National League side apparently. Not a huge surprise I guess.

2. Would agree he hinted he might move during the interview in April. If we could limit departures to him we will do well.
    May end up with a club in this area?

3. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Yep, the days of Cheshire, Hollands and Dickenson playing over 500 games are long gone I'm afraid...

Nick likes this.
  4. Very much the way things have changed in recent years.

Assuming no more major losses, reckon we will need a keeper, right back, couple of midfielders (depends on Gray) plus now perhaps two strikers?

5. tony

tony Member

It will be interesting to see where he ends up and how he copes at the higher level. An instinctive finisher but not in my view best placed to be a lone front man. With the right supply he could do well.

6. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Fair points. I thought he was a very good find for our level but could possibly have benefited from another season. Different class and stature of defenders in the league above though...

7. Far better we let him go with good grace to a higher level, always leave a door open.

If he’d been thinking of going to a club at our level then, he’d‘ve been worth fighting for.

Hope Gary finds a good keeper, it’s a spot we’ve been deficient in since the days of Lovett and Chiweshe (who I always rated).

8. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Yes, a good keeper was Chiweshe, very underrated in my view. Had some good loan ones but actual signings, yep its a different story.

9. Agree it is best to part on good terms and we need to move on. We can now speculate as to possible replacements!
    As for a keeper we do need a good one , whether Gary needs the budget elsewhere, if so, another loan player?

10. tony

tony Member

If we can keep Nico Muir then we have an obvious replacement for the lone striker role. Lewthwaite may get another chance.

11. Gary knows Nico well . It will depend on finance as Nico has been full time the last two seasons. We do need a striker who has the experience at our level.
    Lewthwaite needs to get back into the form when he first arrived.

12. tony

tony Member

Given the uncertainty about the last Lowe payment coming through in August, it may be that we find ourselves in the same position as last year, having to start out with a very cautious budget until there is clarity on when we might receive funds. Add to this the probable uplift in running costs/ loss of income opportunities due to Covid 19 then all clubs will have to be more sensible about their wage budget. I hope players are more realistic about what they might be offered.

13. Whilst we all appreciate that the club, like many others, are experiencing unprecedented financial issues.
    Some playoffs teams have successfully raised money, some of which might not be used, if their campaign does not run its full course. Other clubs like Bognor have raised substantial amounts through Crowdfunding , whilst
    I don’t know the details it might be worth an appraisal?
    As regards season tickets, I would be happy to pay a deposit on ours as it’s cost is budgeted for this time of the year.

14. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

My guess is that the Board are waiting for some sort of guidance from the FA & Government as to when non-league can re-start.

15. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

So Danilo went to Maidenhead. He'll have his work cut out for him next season that's for sure...

16. I expected that Dev released 8 players including some strikers. Hope he does not want more of our players! If the season had run its full length, it is very possible that Dev would have been unable to offer Conference National football .

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  17. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Exactly, in any other season they'd have been down. Dev is a great manager though, maybe he's got something else up his sleeve, but Dadomo doesn't strike me as the typical Dev striker. Maybe he's been signed to compliment other signings, who knows..

18. So, do I gather that Maidenhead have only stayed up because Bury went bust? And, consequently, only Ebbsfleet will be coming down to our league? That doesn't seem much of a step-up for Danilo.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  19. Dev and his son have great experience and knowledge at National level. Dev is very good at assessing players and will know what he wants and a good idea as to their cost. He has a track record in getting players from our league.
    He will do all he can to recruit to ensure there is no repeat of last season.