MCC QF v Harrow Borough on 10th March postponed..

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Les 1949, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

..by Harrow Borough as they have re-arranged a league game with Salisbury City. The Middlesex Charity Cup has no seniority over league games so it can be cast adrift to another day.

2. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Correct me if I am wrong cup games take precedence over league games if they clash???

MK

3. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Yes you are wrong. Middlesex Charity Cup has no precedence, as I stated above.

4. Adam

Adam Member

The MCC isn’t even deemed a senior football competition if I’m right in thinking?

Tonbridge already have a game next Tuesday but Chelmsford don’t. Neither have a game the following Tuesday(17th).

5. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Les I was referring to the email your wife sent me

MK

6. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

I see this has now been re-arranged for Monday 16th March 2020.

7. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Lesley didn't mention that fact in her email to me HM?
    Might be a good idea to put me on ignore?

MK

8. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

I understand that this has been postponed again, because of the current situation.

9. TW2-Beaver

TW2-Beaver Member

The height of insanity is banning a fixture that will attract about 75 people, two days after hosting a fixture with nearly 1,000 people in attendance. No doubt we have our Lord and masters at Middlesex FA to thank for this.

10. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

But the situation is worsening all the time

MK

11. Have to agree with MK. It was more insane to go ahead with the Saturday match than cancel the Tuesday match.

12. TW2-Beaver

TW2-Beaver Member

I take it you didn't attend on Saturday then?

13. Your assumption is correct.

TW2-Beaver likes this.