1. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

That got your attention...OK, let's start a new thread specifically devoted to rumours, whispers and even confirmations of any new signings. Good luck with that, you're probably thinking, and you may be right. But pretty much every club in our division has made at least one announcement so ours surely can't be far off. Can it?
    And yes, I know, any signings are announced when known about, I do realise that, but if anyone sees anything mentioning new HRBFC players (or even players just linked with us) on websites, forums or other social media, put it here!

2. I am sure you got several folks attention!

Lord Elpus likes this.
  3. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

Clutching big time at straws here but Gary was recently followed on Twitter by Joe Hicks who has recently announced his departure on Twitter.
    Also Jack Giddens the goalkeeper has followed Gary and Gary followed back.
    Although all this could been nothing now days social media has a big part to play in communication etc so could be more meaningful than expected these follows

ChazRivers and ALLY ALLY ALLY O like this.
  4. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Excellent! This is exactly the sort of thing I meant. It may turn out to be significant, it may not. And top marks for such observation by the way...

ALLY ALLY ALLY O and hrbfc__fan like this.
  5. With just two players signed on for 19/20, it would seem that we have the lowest number of everyone in the league.
    Players are moving between clubs but it looks like we are unable to compete at that level or even at levels below?

6. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Maybe, who knows?
    In the absence of any news, let's keep this thread going with more whispers and rumours...player X seen at Waterloo checking train times to Hampton, player Y spotted in Sports Direct buying a red and blue boot bag, you know the sort of thing!

7. Or perhaps Gary’s taxi seen outside x cafe looking for hungry players!

Lord Elpus likes this.
  8. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

The fact we haven’t announced any players doesn’t bother me as last year when Gary first game he announced the players all in one go in like this one hour countdown

9. Gary tweets a LOT about Chelsea.

Sarri or Conte or Gullit or whichever manager they have this week is off to Juventus.

JUST SAYIN...McCann to Chelsea?!!

hrbfc__fan likes this.
  10. I too have over recent days become a little worried/frustrated with the lack of player news, however we can't lose sight of the fact that we have a significantly reduced budget this season (yawn) but we can't ignore. I'm therefore sure there are a number of players (both current and new) who have been offered (likely, reduced) deals who are keen to work with Gary but are weighing up their options before making a decision. So it doesn't surprise me that there is a notable lack of activity from us so far. We just need to be patient (me included) and trust Gary to make the best out of what is a pretty bleak situation form a financial standpoint currently. He's got an excellent track record of dealing with such situations admirably, and I have no doubt that if there's one manager that can turn a negative into a positive then Gary is as good as anybody. I think I recall him saying a "young and hungry squad is the remit" for next season - The likes of Joe Hicks and the two Orient lads we had last season tick the box perfectly.

ChazRivers likes this.
  11. Agree Gary has worked with low budgets at Hendon, it was at a lower level and there were other teams working with similar budgets, so perhaps not the same disparity as there might be next season in our league.

12. Rob Overfield

Rob Overfield Member

Wish I could say I’ve heard anything but I haven’t either...

13. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

When I was press officer....pre Twitter...Alan Devonshire would never release details of players signed up until he was good and ready. The only player he announced straight away was Matt Lovett!

14. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Mention of Joe hicks reminds me that Joe and his dad, Steve, are due to be decorating our house soon. Maybe gary needs a painter and decorator as well ;)

15. Earlier comments had suggested that signings were more imminent. This does seem to support the theory that Gary had acquisitions /retentions lined up earlier and has had to change course.

16. SteveM

SteveM Member

Not expecting much from x cafe but there'll be quite a bit of activity around Last Chance Saloon I'd imagine

17. ChazRivers

ChazRivers Member

18. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

Oh well this shows just how much of a horrid season we are going to have to prepare for especially if he is a starter

19. Richard

Richard Member

Would be a good player to get, we shouldn't have let him go originally.

20. ChazRivers

ChazRivers Member

I see big Dunc is also a Free Agent again now. Let the raid of H&Y begin!