1. Well only a day on and it seems easier to list the players who haven't been on twitter essentially telling the world that they're moving on.

2. SteveM

SteveM Member

Good grief, four days ago we were dreaming of Leyton Orient away, now we're rebuilding from scratch. A week certainly is a long time in football -- you just have to simultaneously love and loathe it in equal measure don't you?

3. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

Yes I have seen Michael Kamara tweeting alot

4. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

Two players I rate have been released by bilericay - Sanchez Watts (winger) and Billy Bricknell ( striker 25 goals + definite )

5. SteveM

SteveM Member

Anybody looking for a new penalty taker?

6. davc

davc Member

What has Michael been saying?..t think he would have been leaving regardless of Dowson, not good enough for Conference south

7. TW3Beaver

TW3Beaver Member

Players come and go.
    Managers come and go.

It's the fans that remain the same.

Adam likes this.
  8. hrbfc__fan

hrbfc__fan Member

He tweeted a GIF of someone waiting for phone calls saying “mans a free agent now wow”

9. tony

tony Member

There seemed to be an awful lot of fans there on Sunday but I wonder how many will be at our first league game of next season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Without wishing to sound non inclusive, I sometimes wonder why all these people turn up? If we had won you can bet they would have invaded the pitch with those who always turn up week in week out. What, and why exactly would they be celebrating? Its not even as if many of them knew who all the players were is it? I realise some people don't come often but then turn up for the big games but come on...
    In a similar way to what Tony says, I wonder where they'll be when we need them?

11. SteveM

SteveM Member

He's probably still waiting

hrbfc__fan likes this.
  12. SteveM

SteveM Member

Approximately a sixth, I'd wager

James Dean likes this.
  13. SteveM

SteveM Member

Yeah, bloody National League South glory hunters :D

14. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

The statements on fans and their longevity and commitment in your book were much more inclusive!

We shouldn’t judge people who just come for big matches, nor should we look a gift horse in the mouth in terms of income for the club.

I know lots of the people who came on Sunday for whom it was only their first or second Hampton game of the season. There were football fans whose teams had finished their regular seasons, non-partisan non-league football fans, parents whose sons and daughters play football at school but had never been to a match before. I invited many of them!! Perhaps some will come back, perhaps some won’t... unless they prevented regulars from coming we shouldn’t criticise them.

15. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

I didn't come across well in that post...yes, it was great to see. The Bev has a great atmosphere at times like that, never really experienced anything like it anywhere else. Kind of friendly but competitive.
    But I just hope all those who were coming for the first time come back a few more times, we might need them!

Big Rich likes this.
  16. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

Agreed!

17. TangerineBeaver

TangerineBeaver New Member

Two and a bit years ago I wandered into The Bev not knowing a soul. My third game was the end of season Enfield match . I went on the pitch afterwards and celebrated in an admittedly rather bemused way. A few weeks later I had a season ticket and the rest is history . So you see , it can work

18. The gate last Sunday was an over emphasis of the club’s potential at this present time. If we had won and Dowse remained with the bulk of the side, then with a few extra players,gates would have been regularly over 1000. Given events of the last week, it will depend entirely of what sort of team we field with its accompanying results with a range of 300 to ?
    As for players, no doubt Dowse will endeavour to take the likes of Max, Charlie possibly Christian and Josh (if fee paid). The loans will return. The likes of. Hudson-O, Wynter and Mulley who were recruited at the end of the season may not be around?
    Much will depend on who is the new manager, the right man and we might have a higher retention of last season’s squad. He may have his own players he wishes to bring in.This is a key appointment for the next few seasons.

19. New Convert

New Convert New Member

Any chance that we could make Jolley captain and keep him for our bold new beginning? We really missed him at the back end of the season.

20. tony

tony Member

I'm going to have a wild guess and say that's not likely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk