Whatever happened to.......

Discussion in 'Hampton and Richmond Borough FC Unofficial Forum' started by Les 1949, May 6, 2020.

1. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

...trying to put our reserve team records in some sort of order I am currently back to 1963/64.
    Around April 1964 there is a mention that a certain Derek Edwards - who made his debut that season - was having a trial at........ Fulham.
    I'm sure I know that name - wonder whatever happened to him:rolleyes:

Hampton mad likes this.
  2. Where are you getting your info from Les?
    I do have most programes from that time. The last one of the season or the first of the next season might given final table , appearances and scorers.

Hampton mad likes this.
  3. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Oh come on HM, spill the beans, give us all something to read in these times of being stuck at home...

4. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

As my wife will testify, I have a large collection of programmes from 1959 onwards and I have had a lot of time on my hands.

5. Bruce Speller

Bruce Speller New Member

If my memory serves me right, Derek Edwards went onto play for Kingstonians. Dick Parsons should be able to verify that as he was Sports Editor at the Surrey Comet around that time.

6. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

Maybe Dick will point Derick out to me next time he (Derick) visits Beveree Lol!!!

MK

7. Hampton mad

Hampton mad Member

If my memory serves me right 28 first team games for Hampton and one goal.Then off to The then mighty Kingstonian. Fulham was just one trail match.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  8. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

Your memory has not let you down - also 1 goal scored.

Hampton mad likes this.
  9. Big Rich

Big Rich Member

Back then the club car was brand new.

Guingamptonian and Hampton mad like this.
  10. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

First mention, 1st Feb 1964 away to Whyteleafe Reserves (lost 3-1). 1st team debut 7 days later.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  11. Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus Member

Downhill all the way after the Bev then HM?
    Any other clubs after K's?

12. Mucky knees

Mucky knees Member

But his spelling has for trail read trial...

MK

13. Andrew Wellsted

Andrew Wellsted New Member

Les
    I played for the reserves in the late 60s early 70s so could help on names that I can remember and would be interested in what you have collected so far. The managers were Len Stone and John Birch and the first team was Roy Philipot

Captain Christie likes this.
  14. Les 1949

Les 1949 Member

I have managed to go back to 1959/60 recording each season for which we had a reserve team playing. As it happens this lockdown has encouraged a number of club historians, including myself to 'tidy up' club records. Currently there are over 20 clubs who are working together to fill in gaps.

My info is on excell sheets, season by season, so I could easily send you anything that you wanted to see. My email is lesrance1949@virginmedia.com

15. Andrew Wellsted

Andrew Wellsted New Member

Les

Thanks for that and my mail is wellmorg@yahoo.com and I will see if I can help any.

16. Crikey. Andy Wellsted that's a name from the past. Saw you play many times.